MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH TEACHER
Eastside Christian School (ECS) in Bellevue is seeking a 6th-8th grade Math Teacher for the 2018-19 school year.
Spiritual State: All ECS Staff must have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. You are a person of spiritual maturity who is seen as a leader and a role model and who is able to articulate the precepts of the Christian faith clearly and effectively.
Work Year: 190 Days (plus 11 paid holidays)
- 180 instructional days
- 10 non-instructional days
Basic Work Day: 8:00AM-3:45PM
Some of the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to be Successful in this Position:
- Model Christ in all
- Equip students to learn subject matter, skills, and attitudes that will contribute to their development as mature, able, responsible Christian men and women
- Teach Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2
- Instruct using effective (best practice) instructional techniques
- Communicate clearly, including in written and oral form
- Maintain positive relationships with students, parents, staff and administration
- Design and implement lesson plans to meet the needs of all students
- Lead using effective behavior/classroom management techniques
- Practice rules and procedures for student safety
- Evaluate and record student progress and prepare report cards
- Attend daily staff devotions and commit to continue to grow as a Christian
- Attend/participate in all required staff meetings and other activities deemed necessary by the Principal
- Possess basic technology proficiency including MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
- Valid/Current Teaching Certificate
- Salary is based upon a combination of years of experience, years of education, and other criteria which are all applied to the current salary matrix.
- Benefits are available to all teachers contracted to work at least 30 hours per week. Those benefits typically include medical, dental, vision, disability coverage and a 401K plan. Please refer to the current benefits capsule for additional and specific information.
We are also accepting applications for these staff positions. Click on the links for more information.
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS: Preschool, Elementary, or Middle School