At Eastside Christian School, we understand that changing schools can be a difficult time of transition for young people. When a child enters K-8 during the academic year, we have programs in place to help welcome your child and make his or her initial time at ECS a positive and enjoyable experience. Like you, we want your child to be successful and love ECS, and the supports listed below help ensure a great start.
- Your child will be introduced and welcomed on the first day of class and paired with a student ambassador for the first week at ECS.
- You will be introduced to your child’s Room Parent.
- Two weeks after your child begins school, teachers will provide the Principal with feedback on your child’s adjustment to ECS.
- The Principal will meet with the family within the first several weeks of school to address any questions/concerns about academics and student life.
Middle-schoolers transferring to ECS mid-year will have the following additional supports (along with those listed above):
- Your child’s mentor group leader will have regular check-ins with your child during the transition period to make sure things are going well both inside and outside of the classroom.
- The Athletic Fee will be waived for your child’s first sport to encourage participation and help make peer connections.